My management has been very very understanding and flexible with our little one being the PICU now for 12 days. During that time, I’ve had to prepare and deliver four formal deliverables to our government customer. This was the first time I’ve had to do them on my own as I’m covering for someone about to have a baby:
Two CPRs and two CFSRs. The CPR looks like this…or at least part of it does (there are 5 formats and this is NOT my program’s data):
Are ya back, yet?
Anyway, I have to admit that I usually dread working at home. It’s not that I don’t enjoy being at home but my children, until now, have really had a difficult time understanding that I’m really doing some work (that I get paid for so they can, like, eat) and home to play with them, etc. That caused me great frustration.
So, without further ado, here are some perks on staying at home:
- It’s never lonely. Sometimes my office is quiet and still.
- We have a few cordless phones that also have an intercom function. I can summon one of my children to bring me something to drink. They are happy to do so because they can play with the phone.
- I can sit in The Wife’s recliner (that is usually reserved for nursing baby) with my laptop on a large cutting board. I don’t have an office to call my own. My office chair at work is not nearly as comfy. (First world problems, I know)
- I can overhear their conversations. Our doors are anything but soundproof. It is quite entertaining at times. I hear “I’m gonna tell Dad!” a lot and it gets reeeeeaaaal quiet.
- I can have WEEKEND COFFEE every day! What is Weekend Coffee, new readers? Well, just have a look-see here! (and have it delivered as pointed out in item #2 above). Dual bonus! And it’s brewed in something shiny…a nice distraction for the sauguines here 🙂
In all seriousness, I never would have expected my little ones to be so cooperative the past week or so with the amount of work I had to do in a relatively short amount of time AND having really nobody to call on to help. I just had to make it happen and St. Joseph and others I’m sure helped it along.
I need to think of something special to do with them to thank them. Any ideas, y’all?